Monday, May 11, 2015

Post of Anguish and a Call to Action



Dear Friends,

I have a heavy heart as I write this post. Although this blog is fairly new, I have already been contacted by several women who have told me their stories. These women are seeking guidance and counsel about their present situations.

Infidelity and divorce are an epidemic problem.

There are many, many things I could say about the issue in general, but analysis is not what is needed in this moment. In this moment, I implore you to earnestly seek the Lord in prayer.  I'm not asking you to continue reading, close the tab, look up something else... I'm asking you to get off of your chair, kneel down (or lie down face first), and cry out to God on behalf of broken marriages - right now.

Intercede for spouses who have experienced the pain of betrayal. Lift them up before the Throne of Grace. Ask the Holy Spirit to minister directly to their wounded hearts. Ask Him to give the peace that surpasses all understanding in the midst of of a heavy storm.

Pray for courage as spouses dig their heels in and fight for their marriages, rather than taking the common road of divorce.

Pray for the spouses who are either in an extramarital affair right now, or who are tempted to seek one out. Pray that the Holy Spirit slaps some sense into them. Pray that they are brought to their knees, and humbled. Pray earnestly that they choose true repentance. Pray that they make the decision to end any and every compromising relationship with members of the opposite sex immediately. Remember the vows we took, "forsaking all others?"

I know that the power of prayer works! I am a living testimony to that fact. If you haven't read my post, "Stop Praying For Me," I would encourage you to do so (after you've prayed).

Share this with your friends who are prayer warriors. Share this with your friends who don't know what they should pray about. Share this with your friends who need a mission and purpose. Let us join together in prayer.

These verses came to mind as I wrote this:

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5:16)

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out. (Proverbs 10:9)

Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy. (Proverbs 28:13)


No comments:

Post a Comment