Saturday, September 12, 2015

I'm Not The Only One



I've received several questions via email as well as an occasional comment on my posts regarding my thoughts/opinions vs. Scripture (The Bible).

I encourage you to look into my posts and compare what I'm saying in light of what the Bible actually teaches. If I say something that doesn't line up with God's Word, say something. Challenge me. Ask. I wholeheartedly appreciate being held accountable. If I preach, teach, or share thoughts, philosophies, or so-called wisdom based on anything other than the inerrant teaching of the Bible, then I am failing in my life's mission.

The Apostle Paul; one of the greatest missionaries and champions of the Gospel, the most prolific contributor to the New Testament, and an incredible testimony to the transformational work of the Holy Spirit, grace, and redemption - his words were challenged by one of the early churches.

"Now the Berean...were of more noble character...for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true" (Acts 17:11).

I believe every teacher/preacher of the Word of God should be checked up on, looked into, scrutinized, and held accountable on a regular basis. That is one of the things that we as teachers subject ourselves to as the Bible says, "Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly" (James 3:1).

To add a little refreshment and different but similarly aligned perspective, I invite you to check out the resources section of my website:  http://www.forgivencheater.com/resources
(I'm not tech savvy enough to enable a clickable link on the photo below. You'll have to click on the link above.)

There I've listed several resources, sites, and helpful places to find hope for your marriage, relationship, restoration, and growth in Christ Jesus. I am not being endorsed or compensated in any way by these sites. These are simply my personal recommendations of fantastic places to find Godly wisdom in the arena of sexual integrity, relationships, family, and restoration. This is by no means an exhaustive list. I will probably continue to add more sites as time goes on. 

If you have any sites like these that you would like to recommend, please let me know!

Blessings to you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment